1.4.14

"i'll favorite it when i get my ipod back"

I've been counting the days since you left,   70,   and I don't know when I'll get tired of more links on my chain.
#AprilFools
You smiled in the hallways and it was almost a cruel joke for you to pass such a secret to me under the hidden canvas of people and backpacks and language unhearable.
#AprilFools
I've got news for you that only you can appreciate. I've got a need for your smile to smile itself at the exchange only your smile can smile at.
#AprilFools

Because this day is dragging on and you have yet to show up with an April Fools joke about loving me again and I wish you would.

I wish you would.

Pain is a feeling and right now all I've got is numb. I've got open eyelids and a dark ceiling because sleep is merely a memory to my brain and the covers that once held us both feel cold without your touch. Not the good kind of cold either, the winter came back when I'd stopped waking up early enough to scrape my car, cold. The icy can't feel my hands on the handlebars, cold. The climbed out of the pool because of lightening and standing alone without a towel, cold.

An April Fools day without my favorite joker, cold.

I've been replaced by the tall dark and handsome, and a simple soul with much more to give than I.
#AprilFools
I've realized I never plugged in the charger, as much as I tried to save us all I did was drain us.
#AprilFools
List after list, pile after pile, note after note, poem after poem, you can't find the key I left for you under the door mat.
#AprilFools

I wish I were better at April Fools jokes, but all I've got is truth.
 and not the good kind either.
#AprilFools

5 comments:

  1. "Because this day is dragging on and you have yet to show up with an April Fools joke about loving me again and I wish you would." Ugh Peter just LOVE ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because this day is dragging on and you have yet to show up with an April Fools joke about loving me again and I wish you would.



    This post is the only thing I like about April Fools day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your best yet. my heart hurts.

    And you have yet to show up with an April Fools joke about loving me again and I wish you would

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish somebody would write about me the way you write about her. I'm in love with the way you write.

    ReplyDelete