12.3.14

"that sounds unreal i love italian sodas!'

This blog is for you, because I like to write about you best.

You reminded me I feel things, that I have bones that ache and quake and a spine that shivers at your touch.

You reminded me the depth of misunderstanding and the pit of long lost feelings.
You taught me what longing and let downs do in a tight rope conversation.
You know exactly how to show someone that toes and elbow and the back of your knees can feel charcoal smiles and wide open wounds.

Maybe I'm just being dramatic. Maybe I don't care how I sound anymore. You were the best thing that's happened to me since I stepped foot on Lone Peak's campus. You've pulled me out of a lot of dark times and dark things, some you still don't know about. You taught me what the sun and real grass can do for a faltering heart. How stammering and murmuring in your knees just means you're growing. You taught me not to hesitate my confidence or care if someone else cuts me off in traffic. You taught me. You taught me everything and life.

 Maybe God gave me you as a teacher because he knew I'd listen.



7 comments:

  1. "You taught me what longing and let downs do in a tight rope conversation." Mmhmm. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. " Maybe God gave me you as a teacher because he knew I'd listen."
    Loved this part. The whole post seems meaningful and real. I like that you write about her because SHE is on your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You reminded me I feel things, that I have bones that ache and quake and a spine that shivers at your touch."
    So so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. They're txt messages from that one person I can't stop writing about.

      Delete