8.2.14

"if I sleep now I won't sleep all night"

I've gotten in the habit of bashing you lately. and I'm sorry.
I just don't understand your reasoning sometimes and I'd like the world to agree with me.

When a break-up happens, everyone baby's the girl "Oh are you okay?" "How's it going?" "I'm so sorry"- I don't want you to be more of a victim  because I'm poisoning the atmosphere surrounding your name. I'm sorry I have nothing nice to say. I'm sorry, I don't know when I will. I'm sorry I let my temper get the best of me more than once in conversation.

An y'know? The more I trash it the more there isn't any room to come back. and 
 I want you to come back. 

I don't want anyone to think less of the orchestra that is your heart. I don't want my side stories spiraled with hate to ruin your allure. If this was Hollywood I'd have you black listed and I'd regret but there'd be no mend for the mess. Good thing this is just high school. Good thing no one's made a black list twitter account yet.

When we were little it didn't happen like this. 

Simplicity reigned. If someone was taking up too much room on the trampoline we'd both leave with clenched fists and crunched faces. But we'd realize quickly it was no fun to be alone. We'd all at once apologize. We'd go right back to the tramp and begin cracking the egg.




Missions and college and the social ladder didn't have any affect on relationships. 
And they didn't get in the way of friendships either.




So I don't know why they have to now. 





4 comments:

  1. "orchestra that is your heart" loved this line.

    "good thing no ones made a black list twitter account yet" Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. " An y'know? The more I trash it the more there isn't any room to come back. and
    I want you to come back. "

    That made heart like...squeeze. I hope she comes back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope so bad you're for real. this is just good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for having Gives You Hell as your first song. Not that that has anything to do with your post. I just like it.

    And I like this.

    ReplyDelete