25.2.14

"it was way fun!"

"When something is good why would you change it?"

Like us? My mind is screaming but I don't want to ruin this moment. You've left the words to hang a little too long and we both realize the untold truth. Subject change and we're content. We're back to normal and you're laughing and I'm laughing and we're sharing a spoon because we're allowed to do that. And I'm trying to inch in without you noticing and you just pout "you know we can't do that" your eyes dance across the words and the fire in my skin chills. "I know" my heart saunters back to it's cage and let's you lock the door.

How can you sit there in this sun filled room and tell me you don't feel anything? You don't want anything? Every conversation leads to another and suddenly the time is past and I haven't asked you about your sister or your games and I don't know if there will be another afternoon to ask.

"when something is good why would you change it?" You said it yourself. Was I never your definition of good?


6 comments:

  1. So relatable. "You know we can't do that". I can't tell you how many times I've heard that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mind is screaming but I don't want to ruin this moment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Subject change and we're content.

    YOURE SO GOOD AT THIS. (Ugh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also "was I never your definition of good?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really loved this. the whole thing! Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "We're back to normal and you're laughing and I'm laughing and we're sharing a spoon because we're allowed to do that. And I'm trying to inch in without you noticing and you just pout "you know we can't do that"".

    good h

    ReplyDelete